Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chex Muddy Buddies:)

   This is a treat they made when I went to Celiac camp. I use to call this Puppy Chow. It is very delicious and I tweaked the recipe a bit to accomodate my other allergies. This recipe i also saw on the side of the Rice chex cereal box.


Muddy Buddies
9 c. Chex Rice cereal or Chocolate chex

1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy life GF/ and dairy free chocolate chips)

1/2 c. peanut butter

1/4 c. butter (I use earth balance non-dairy/soy free spread...it comes in a red tub.)

1/4 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Pour cereal into large bowl and set aside. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in 1 quart microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth (stir after 1 minute). Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until all pieces are evenly coated.

Pour cereal mixture into large container (with seal) with powdered sugar. Seal securely. Shake until all pieces are well coated. Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 9 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment